DUAL ENROLLMENT COURSES
Grand Canyon University offers dual enrollment classes as an affordable and efficient way for high school students to gain a head start on their college degree. We are committed to ensuring that high school students experience the same level of instruction, resources and rigor as our traditional college students.
Dual Enrollment Benefits
High School District and Grand Canyon University
- Increases high school graduation rates
- Promotes high school student motivation and engagement
- Provides students with more advanced, rigorous coursework
- Helps build college awareness
- Promotes college access for a wide range of students
- Prepares students for the academic and behavioral expectations of college
- Instructor recognition
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for standard scholarship opportunities at GCU
- Access to the GCU Learning Lounge (online and walk-in tutoring) and GCU library services
- Sporting events on campus
- Open invitations to GCU campus events
- Savings in college tuition, books and fees through completion of degree work in three years
Dual enrollment students receive a reduced tuition rate. The courses transfer into GCU degree programs and high school students who attend GCU will be eligible for freshman scholarships. GCU is regionally accredited, so in general, universities that accept transfer credits should accept dual enrollment credits. However, it is at the discretion of the receiving university whether to accept credits for transfer.
- High school juniors or seniors with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- High school sophomores with an unweighted GPA of 3.25 or above
- All students taking English or math courses will be required to take an online placement test
Online Dual Enrollment Courses
Online dual enrollment classes offer high school students the flexibility and convenience to start earning college credits on their schedule, among many other benefits. GCU's various online offerings also help high school students earn the credits they desire. See the table below to view a list of dual enrollment courses offered online.
Courses on GCU's Main Campus
High school students can get a jumpstart on their college career by taking dual enrollment courses. Courses may be available during traditional semesters and/or summer. Students attend lectures and labs in person on GCU's main campus where they get a glimpse into college life at GCU. See a list of dual enrollment courses offered on GCU’s main campus in the table below.
Dual Enrollment Courses at Your High School
High school dual enrollment classes are available for students who attend eligible Arizona high schools. These dual enrollment courses range from general education classes to individual courses that can help students find their purpose before attending college.
|Prefix||Course||Credits||Next Start Dates|
Dual Enrollment Instructors
GCU is committed to ensuring that students experience the same level of instruction, resources and rigor that our traditional student body receives so they will be prepared to move to the next academic level of study when they enter college.
Dual Enrollment instructors provide instruction that incorporates best practices in teaching, technology, engagements, ethics and more in a specific content area. GCU works with instructors to provide academic support, curriculum approval and monitoring of the course effectiveness. Dual Enrollment instructors receive ongoing training, support and professional development from GCU faculty.
- Master's degree or higher in the content area OR a master's degree with 18 graduate hours (500+) in the content area
- Exceptional Expertise qualifications set and approved by the colleges
- Completed online dual enrollment adjunct faculty application with resumé and unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required for final approval)
- Create syllabus that incorporates university templates, standards and objectives into current curriculum
- Utilize university benchmark exams/assignments and grading rubrics
- Provide course materials for approval
For more information regarding dual enrollment, please contact us at 855-GCU-LOPE.